Fashions come and go (well, hopefully we don't see ALL of them come back), but there's one that's sweeping the New River Valley you just don't want to miss. It's one of a kind ... I guarantee there's nothing like it. And you don't want to miss it.
It's the NRVLiving Store, and it's now open. And from now until October 31st, all proceeds will go to benefit the Valley Interfaith Child Care Center. That's 100% of all monies earned! VICCC is a charity that we here at NRVLiving support on a regular basis, and we want to make sure you can too.
Did you know?
- Every day in Virginia, 30% of our youth are living in poverty (<$16090), and 12% live in extreme poverty (<$8045).
- 31% of 4th graders are scoring BELOW basic reading levels.
- Children who enter kindergarten ready to learn are more likely to read at grade level by the 3rd grade.
- By age 5, a child’s brain will reach 90% of its adult size, yet public investment lags in these critical years. That investment can be as low as $232.
- One child in our juvenile detention centers will cost taxpayers $79,355 a year.
We're not supporting VICCC because it looks good, we support VICCC because it's the right thing to do. And we want you to support them as well. Read this document (Download early_childhood_facts.doc) and if you feel it's the right thing to do, then we hope you'll visit the Store and join the cause. There are plenty of organizations out there you can support - this is one you can't afford to miss.
So put away the parachute pants, lock up your NASA-inspired hair spray, and turn off the Go White Boy Go music. Maddi says go shopping instead ...